In this post, I am going to cover the steps to add an vCAC (now renamed to vRealize) IaaS Host for Infrastructure Administration Workflows in vCAC Appliance buit-in vCO.
1) Launch the vCO Client and login username “email@example.com” and your “vcac_password” and go to “Run” or “Design” Mode. then Right Click on “Add the IaaS host of a vCAC host” and Select “Start Workflow”
2) In the “Start Workflow: Add the IaaS host of a vCAC host” window, Click on “Not set” and select your vCloud Automation Center host and click on “Select” and “Next” button.
3) All the * fields are mandatory, Enter Hostname of your vCAC IaaS server, without domain name. In the Host URL, type your vCAC IaaS server FQDN starting with https. (For e.g. https://yourIaasHost.fqdn). Don’t change value in “Connection Timeout” and “Operation Timeout” unless you have instruction from VMware Tech Support for any reason, then click “Next”.
4) Leave default “Shared Session in “Session Mode” option, in the “Authentication user name” type your vCAC Iaas admin credential with domain and click “Next”
5) Type your domain’s hostname only (For example “abc” without .local | .com | .net or whatever it is in your case)
then click submit to run the workflow.
6) If you have provided all the information properly, workflow should run OK. You will see it as Green, In case of failure it will be marked as Crossed Red. To troubleshooting, Click on Events tab in the right pane and review the details.
For more details: